Reeves Memorial Library provides thousands of resources for you. So you may wonder why we would promote the use of public libraries. There are several reasons for this:
1. Although we have an extensive collection, you will sometimes find additional items in publicly available libraries.
2. Public libraries in Pennsylvania offer access to additional databases and other online resources that are not available at Reeves.
3. When students leave Seton Hill, we want them to know what resources are available for the public so that they will be a life-long learners.
Obtaining a Library Card
Anyone who is a resident of Westmoreland County may obtain a library card through any of the 24 member libraries. The Greensburg-Hempfield Area Library is on Pennsylvania Avenue across the street from the Post Office.
RESIDENT AND NON-RESIDENT
Applicants for Westmoreland Library Network (WLN) cards must provide proof of their identity and their residency.
Two forms of I.D. are required, one with current address.
1. Proof of residency may include a driver’s license, State I.D., utility bill, rent receipt, school report card or tax receipt.
2. A photographic I.D. card is required, but other forms of identification may also be accepted in special circumstances.
3. College students or a temporary resident must provide a local and a home address.
4. Registration is valid for 2 years if the cardholder remains in good standing. Accounts that have not been used for 3 years become inactive